Home window parts
Window replacement hardware is offered in great prices and ranging on different types required by the consumer in stores. The various window repair hardware are as follows: Exterior parts of a double hung window (frame head, jambs, sill and jamb liner), Hardware and interior parts of an architect series double hung window (balance, sash, check rail, glass, rail, lower rail, lift and the sash lock).
In order to keep home windows working properly and efficiently, there are a large selection of parts of the window available. The window hardware includes vinyl, aluminum and Jalousie which a rare commodity to find. There are various window repair parts in the market such as casement, grill clips, channel balances, sash locks and spiral balance rods.
To get a clear understanding of the functioning ability of these window replacement parts, let’s look at them into detail
Buy home window parts
These window operators or hardware include Peachtree, weather shield, carado, hurd. Alta, shelter, Kolbe seal-rite and sash accessories.
However it should be noted that there are different forms of the casement window repair parts.
- Face mounted casement operators
- Rear mounted operators
- Roto operators
- Roto straight arm operators
DOUBLE HUNG WINDOW TILT LATCHES
Both the double and single latches are fixed on the slide or rather groove which assume different thicknesses and shapes. One can also use a small block of wood which is then tapped gently till the latch slides out on the other side.
Supplies such as adhesive for example vinyl adhesive clear are used. Other supplies include paint, lubricant, sealants and the installation kit.
WINDOW SAFETY ITEMS
This is a set of mandatory home window parts in the market. It includes: a device for opening control of the casement window, safety device for the casement window installation and double hung control device for the opening of the widow
For the roof there are several window hardware parts required such as: roof window operator, roof window operator kit and spring for the roof window operator.
SLIDING WINDOW PARTS
This hardware includes sliding windows guides, rollers which contain housing metal, rollers which have plastic housing and the repair or replacement wheels and axis.
WINDOW REPAIR OPERATORS AND ACCESSORIES
These include: awning operators, brackets jalousie, tracks and a mobile home.
EXTERIOR PARTS OF A DOUBLE HUNG WINDOW
- Jambliner – It is found on the sides of the frame of a window and its function is to provide a fit for the window sash.
- Sill – It forms the bottom of the frame and is oriented in a horizontal manner.
- Jambs – These are oriented in a vertical manner forming the window frame.
- Head -This forms the upper part of the window frame and is placed in a horizontal manner.
- Frame -This basically forms the support system for the window hardware mentioned above especially the head, jamb and the sill.
INTERIOR PARTS OF AN ARCHITECT SERIES DOUBLE – HUNG WINDOW
- Check rail -This is the middle part of the window where the upper part of the sash and also the lower part come into contact.
- Glass -It found within a window inform of a sheet of glass.
- Rail -The piece of the window sash that is horizontally placed.
- Lift -This reduces rattling as it engages itself with the sash lock.
There is also the upper rail and also the lower rail.
Apart from the home window parts discussed above, there are others which are vital such as parts of casement window operators (aluminum clad, argon, casing, fiber glass and a locked handle). It should be noted that In order to undertake the replacement of the windows most of these home window parts need to be available as the work hand in hand in ensuring the efficient functionality of the window.